For the purposes of this policy, when we refer to Legacy, it means Legacy Family Wealth (Pty) Ltd and all its subsidiaries and associated companies. This is a group policy.
Legacy respects your privacy and is committed to keeping your information confidential. Legacy is committed to maintaining this integrity and trust by complying with the Law. This policy forms part of the existing Legacy Compliance & Governance framework. Data protection requires of Legacy (as the ‘responsible party’) to inform its clients (as the ‘data subjects’) about how their personal information is processed, disclosed, protected, maintained, and destroyed. Your personal information is used appropriately, transparently, securely and in accordance with the law.
3.1 Information we collect and use:
Legacy only collects and processes personal information relative to the products and services it provides. The type of information will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and will be processed for that purpose only. When collecting information from you, we enter into an agreement (mandate) with you, which in turn authorizes us to provide you with our products and services.
Examples of personal information that Legacy collects:
- names, surnames, and identification numbers
- residential and work addresses and postal codes
- telephone and mobile numbers, fax numbers and email addresses
- citizenship, occupation details, income tax reference numbers and bankers.
- any other information required by us, our suppliers and insurers to provide clients with an accurate analysis of their investment or insurance needs.
Legacy needs to collect personal or other information:
- For underwriting purposes;
- Assessing and processing claims;
- Conducting credit reference searches or verification;
- Confirming, verifying and updating an individual’s identity;
- For credit assessment and credit management;
- For purposes of claims history;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- Conducting market or customer satisfaction research;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings;
- Follow an individual’s instructions;
- Inform an individual of services;
- Make sure the FSPs business suits the individual’s needs;
- providing products or services to clients and executing instructions received;
If you do not want Legacy Family Wealth to continue using or processing your personal information, you have the right to object to this, kindly send an email to: email@example.com
3.2 Website usage information:
3.3 Access and correction of your information:
You may request a copy of the personal information we have on record for you. You may update or correct any personal information we hold of you. It is your responsibility to keep your personal information held with us up to date. Before making any changes or providing you with any personal information we will first need to verify your identity. To request, update, correct your personal information, you may simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact you wealth adviser.
3.4 Request access to personal information by third parties:
If you are a third party and would like to request access to personal information held by Legacy you would need to follow the procedures laid out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 (PAIA) which sets out the request for information procedures and circumstances where such access to information may be refused. If you wish to access the Legacy PAIA Manual with the prescribed request form and fees, please email: email@example.com
3.5 Retaining of your personal information:
Legacy retains your information for purposes of investment transactions, processing and administration, to communicate directly with you. Legacy will not keep your records for longer than is necessary for achieving the purpose for which the information was collected or processed. You can request Legacy to delete or destruct or remove or erase your personal information. Note that this right is limited because Legacy is required to retain your personal information because of legislation, in exercise or defend a legal claim, your consent, for historical, statistical or scientific purposes.
3.6 Information sharing:
All personal information provided to Legacy is kept strictly confidential. However, Legacy may engage with third parties to provide support services and products. Third Parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Legacy. A Service Level agreement is in place with all third parties to ensure adherence to all Privacy and Confidentiality legislation and policies.
Sharing of personal information within the Legacy Group helps us to provide you with consolidated reporting and allows us to make sure that we meet your financial needs with our quality range of products and services.
We may disclose your personal information in circumstances where it is required by law (within the Republic or outside), to protect your and our legitimate interests or that of a third party and if you have provided consent to Legacy for such disclosure.